Next time you write an email subject line, think twice about the words you’re using.
Loading your message with words such as “confirm,” “join,” “press,” or “invite” is not a good idea if you want a response, says data from Baydin, the makers of email plugin Boomerang.
Baydin recently extracted data from five million emails its users handled — either using the company’s “email game” or scheduled for later via Boomerang. It found that some subject-line words, such as “apply” and “opportunity,” got more responses than words from the aforementioned list.
Its data also suggests the best time to send emails is before work. Users who scheduled messages to read later, using Boomerang, most often wanted to deal with them around 6 a.m.
Already sending emails packed with “opportunity” at 6 a.m. and not getting a response? You’re in good company.
Latest News on Email Marketing:
- GetElasitc - Email Marketing that Drives Conversions [Infographic]
- responsys - Spam Traps and Honey Pots Explained
- artegic - 6 Tipps, wie Sie kurze und prägnante Betreffzeilen erstellen
- Forbes - How A Fortune 1000 Brand Uses Email To Stay Engaged
- ConstantContact - 15 Truths You Must Know To Create Almost Perfect Subject Lines
- Econsultancy - Seven tips for managing email marketing campaigns
- eCircle - DMARC: Der Durchbruch zur Bekampfung von SPAM
- MediaPost - Ready to Go Mobile-First? The Experts Have Some Advice
- PR Daily - 8 surprising stats about the power of email marketing
- Optivo - Individualisierung: Die Königsdisziplin im E-Mail-Marketing
- PR Daily - 7 sins of email marketing
- ClickZ - The Changing Landscape of Email Investment
- Pure360 - Improving the reach of your email marketing campaigns
- Marketing Land - E-mail Open Rates Declining, Click-Through Rates Rising [Study]
- ConstantContact - An Email Marketer’s Guide to Collecting Customer Feedback
- HubSpot - The Email Campaign You Need to Clean Your List & Re-Engage Subscribers
- PR Daily - 93 percent of teens prefer to communicate via email and phone
- SUPERcomm - 15 vertrauensbildende Maßnahmen für Ihr E-Mail-Marketing
- artegic - 6 E-Mail Marketing Tipps für effiziente B2B-Kommunikation
- Newsletter2Go - Newsletter-Elemente über Pinterest teilen