iab – Mobile’s Role in a Consumer’s Media Day: Smartphones and Tablets Enable Seamless Digital Lives
Illuminating the different ways that smartphones and tablets are changing consumer behavior, the IAB Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence released “Mobile’s Role in the Consumer’s Media Day,” an in-depth research report that reveals how receptiveness to advertising and media consumption varies by device, time of day, and location.
Although we regularly talk about “mobile data” and “mobile media” and “the mobile internet,” it is vital to remember that the mobile audience is not monolithic. What device a person using, when they are using it, and where they happen to be all matter critically to their content preferences, usage patterns, and openness to advertising messages.
Mobile value propositions vary by device type:
- Smartphones are mission-critical devices for life, with nearly 70% of smartphone users saying they “won’t leave home without it.”
- By contrast, tablets are a media consumption hub, with nearly 70% of tablet users reporting that their tablet is an “entertainment device.”
Latest News on Mobile Marketing:
- Mobile Marketer - How to create an effective QR code campaign
- MOBILBRANCHE.DE - Interview: Katrin Hana von Payback über mobile Dienste im stationären Einzelhandel.
- GetElastic - Selling Value-added Services to Mobile Customers
- Online Marketing .de - Mobile Ads: Facebook hat noch viel zu tun
- Mobile Commerce Daily - Mobile commerce to make up 24pc of online sales by 2017: study
- Mashable - 6 Habits of Highly Effective Mobile Marketers
- mobile zeitgeist - Mobile Advertising: Ausprobieren, es funktioniert!
- ClickZ - Mobile Marketing: The Time Is Now
- Econsultancy - Email and search are most popular mobile tasks: infographic
- Deloitte - Report reveals momentum of tablet revolution
- Schwerdt-Blog - Neue Studie: Mobile Marketing fördert Kundenengagement und online Vertrieb
- Harvard Business Review - The Future Isn't About Mobile; It's About Mobility
- Mobile Marketer - Mobile is the new black
- Mobile Marketer - Impact of mobile devices on ecommerce
- PR Daily - 5 common mobile myths debunked
- GigaOM - 4 keys to a successful mobile strategy
- PR Daily - 12 reasons PR pros cant ignore the mobile boom
- Mobile Commerce Daily - 25% of mobile users shop online only via a smartphone or tablet [Study]
- Search Engine Watch - Mobile Landing Page Optimization: 10 Best Practices for Success
- mobile zeitgeist - Studie: Das Smartphone als Herzstück des Multi-Channel-Vertriebs im Handel