BRIAN SOLIS – Smartphones, Tablets, PCs, The Devices People Use to Discover Information in Social Media (and when)
Von: BRIAN SOLIS
My friends over at bit.ly published an interesting graph that reveals the devices as well as the days/times that people use different devices and how and when they consume information. As you can imagine, it’s across the board, but as you can see, there are waves that every device follows, except the desktop.
Desktops are of course the devices that we can assume people use during work hours. As such, they are most heavily used on weekdays before noon. Interestingly enough, phone traffic peaks at about the same times, but not to similar effects. What’s also telling is that tablets are most often used at Tuesday at 5 p.m.And, gaming devices such as Nintendo DS, Wii, and Sony Playstation spike on Thursdays at 5 p.m.
Also, take a look at the double hump (peak with a small valley before another peak) in activity for phones and tablets. The second plateau is nearly at the same level Monday through Thursday but loses momentum through the weekend. Tablets and gaming devices however tend to be the devices that define after hours and weekend activity.
Additionally, the bit.ly team examined which platforms share similar usage patterns. The chart used to convey these patterns is a bit tricky to navigate. Here are some of the highlights…
Latest News on Social Media:
- Entrepreneur - 3 Ways to Make Your Social Media Efforts More Productive
- PROTENT - How to Optimize Your Google+ Local Business Page
- FUTUREBIZ - Facebook Anzeigen: Gesponserte Meldungen sind mit Abstand das effektivste Anzeigenformat
- 1to1 media - CMOs Look to Social Data for Customer Insight Into Future Trends
- involver - 6 Ways to Market Your Brand on Pinterest
- SOCIABLE BLOG - Picture Perfect: Why Pinterest is a Great Marketing Tool
- PR Daily - The psychology of social networking
- media-TREFF - So können Facebook, Twitter und Co. in ein CRM-System integriert werden
- VOCUS - Ten Ways to Adapt to the Evolution of Social Media
- HubSpot - Facebook Launching 9 More Targeting Options for Organic Updates
- HubSpot - How to Optimize Your Google+ Content for Lead Gen, From the Experts at Google
- PR Daily - How big brands use social media globally
- t3n - Social-Media: Checkliste für Unternehmen [Infografik]
- FUTUREBIZ - Ende des Massenmarketings auf Facebook: Seiten erhalten erweiterte Targeting-Optionen
- Wahid Rahim, Chef der Crowdsourcing-Plattform RankSider.de, nennt die 6 wichtigsten Punkte, um mit Crowdsourcing Erfolg zu haben.
- BRIAN SOLIS - Finally a look at the people who use Twitter
- Social Media war gestern. Social Business ist heute!
- SocialMedia Examiner - 7 Steps to Building a Business Using LinkedIn
- Mashable - Facebook: Sponsored Stories Make $1 Million a Day
- FUTUREBIZ - Unique Visitors von Sozialen Netzwerken: Facebook spielt in einer anderen Liga